Saturday, September 29, 2012

High school

So, I'm a freshman at a school that is ranked 88th in the country for collage readiness, we are in the top 100 high schools in the nation and 95% of ECHHS Wildcats go on to collage or university. AP scores are high and we are on the Honor School of Excellent list of NC.

That's scary.

As a freshman coming from a Montessori school, the 1,500 other kids at my school are big and scary.
I'm not kidding when I say that some of these junior, even sophomore, guys are like 2-3 feet taller than me. And they have muscles which makes them even bigger and scarier.

Many kids worry about their grades and if their exam in class x will effect their 91.
I worry about my 89's and my missing assignments but I'm also worried about the friend situation.  Do I actually have friends? Do the people I eat lunch with actually like me or are they just nice?
Sure, I knew them in 6th grade but that doesn't mean that we were besties back then.
At my Montessori school, there were 22 of us. There are 26 people in my Honors Bio class.
4 people is not a lot but it's still more people than at Montessori, 7th and 8th grade combined.

I worry about what classes I'm gonna take next year because a lot of sophomores are taking AP World History.
AP World History. The same class as my senior sister.

I know I'm not ready but what if the expectation is too high and the pressure is on and I am "forced" in a sense to take hard classes. What if it's given that I take unbelievably hard classes?
We are 88th in the country.
High is going to be a long four years.
And I could be more ready.
I'm ready for September to be over and October to be here. 

The Avett Brothers -- I and Love and You

No comments:

Post a Comment