Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In sickness and in health

Here is my sick story: (its still going on...)
Got a fever Tuesday
Didn't go to school Wednesday or Thursday due to a fever. Took a lot of medicine.
Felt OK enough to go to school Friday.

So on Sunday, I wake up with severe stomach cramps.
My mom and I end up going to Urgent Care for 3 hours to learn that I have this big ball of gas in my stomach. And that I'm very anemic, which means that my iron is really low. I'm at a 6 and I should be at a 12...
So, my Sunday morning was eventful. I was tired, still had a fever, a cold, possibly walking pneumonia and very anemic.
I go home, do some homework for Honors Biology, sleep.

Then its Monday, which is basically this:
On Thursday, we had a delayed opening.
 Which means only 2, 4, and 6th period.
(Friday is 1, 3, 5, and 7)
So I get to school on Friday and I go to 3rd, which is a study hall.
I go see my Honors World History class, a class where there is a lot of ready and taking notes.
I say, "Mr. _____, can I have the homework?"
He says, "I'll give it to you Monday."
Monday arrives, yesterday.
By the way, the weekend was a nice relatively homework free weekend.
My fever is basically higher at night, maybe 100.5 or so and then fine in the morning.
I get to school on Monday and Mr. ____ says,
"Here is your reading":
44-49, 50-50, 240-249 and 30-35 ish (I forgot the actual numbers.)
I'm about to start crying because that's so time consuming and I have no idea how much more homework I have from other classes.
OK so moral of this long story is that I had soooo much homework.
Mr. ______ was making me mad because he didn't tell me on Friday that I had all this reading.

Dot, Dot, Dot

So Monday kinda sucks and I go home on the bus.
All this time, I'm missing field hockey practice, which I feel really, really bad about.
Tuesday was today and I had gotten most of my Honors World History done and my geometry.
Honors English 1 was fine, World was OK, Mr. _____ said that it said that I just need to get all the reading done by some time.
I have 3rd free because it's a study hall period thing. I go to the doctor during 3rd and she basically tells me that I have walking pneumonia. Happy days are here to stay.
Meanwhile, my iron is still low and that isn't good.
I don't eat meat and she said that that could have effected my iron.
So a walking-pneumonia-stricken child and her saintly mother go out to lunch.
It's there that we decide that for my health, I will go back to eating meat. 
I had a piece of chicken for lunch and dinner and l loved all of it. 
Sure, I feel a little weird but, I won't die and I need it.
So it's Tuesday night and I at 102.3 for my fever, nowhere with my World History and done with my biology and geometry.


You know, life can be a jackass to you. There will be days that you will be so swamped and exhausted that you just feel like quitting.
But don't.
You know, if you really need to, sleep in late and do in at lunch. You can make up you classes later and do them in the morning. 
 Power through and really listen to your body because if you are sick like crazy like me, take a break to sleep and get better.
Because 1 think I have learned, pushing your body and over -driving it will only make it worse.
Ask your teachers for homework, bug them until then do if they don't, like Mr. _____ on Friday.
It's not the end of the world if you miss a few days as a freshman.
You are a freshman.
Just don't be sick 2nd semester/3rd quarter junior year.
Then you are really behind.
So have fun, listen to your body and don't get too stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment